Take advantage of all the upcoming holidays this autumn to revel in the luxury of slow with our friends at the Blue Train. As Africa’s leading luxury train, the Blue Train provides premium travel options throughout South Africa – making the voyage just as good as the destination! Earlier this week, we asked our friends at the Blue Train, to share their top travel tips over a glass of our new Nicolas 2016:
Here’s what they shared with us:
When travelling with the likes of Archbishop Desmond Tutu, President Cyril Ramaphosa, Naomi Campbell, Sir Nigel Mansell, Sir Elton John and Kylie Minogue – all Blue Train travellers – you pick up some great travel tips. Here are a few of mine:
- Perfect your packing strategy! Keep to one or two cases (depending on the length of your stay) and a smaller bag with your essentials. Keep clothing to a neutral palette – light colours and neutrals which can be mixed and matched, but avoid white which can stain easily.
- When travelling, I always enjoy some lavender oil and turmeric powder. Turmeric helps manage my wellness, while the lavender helps me sleep during long trips and is really soothing. I’d advise you to carry some vitamins, to keep the energy up.
- Always carry small bills so you can tip along the journey.
- Prioritise your comfort with two pairs of shoes that can function for day and night, and a set of slippers. This should leave more space for other essential items.
- Make your room feel like home: An image of loved ones should evoke the sanctuary of home.
This April, Boschendal and the Blue Train are giving you the chance to win the opportunity to experience premium slow luxury, with a two-night stay on the Blue Train, followed by two nights at the elegant Boschendal estate and Bellingham estate, capped with lunch at Brampton. Simply, Buy a bottle of Boschendal, Bellingham or Brampton and WhatsApp your till slip with your name and surname to 076 807 3083. You then stand a chance to win 2 nights on the Blue Train. 1 night at Boschendal Estate. 1 night at Bellingham Manor and lunch at Brampton Studio.